- Yakult is a leading Probiotic drink since 1935. The bacteria in Yakult are resistant to gastric juices and bile and reach the intestine alive to impart proven health benefits. Daily consumption of Yakult improves digestion, builds immunity and prevents infection.
What is Yakult
- Yakult is suitable for everyone including children and pregnant women. Yakult is a food and it can be consumed everyday as a part of your daily diet.
- Yakult contains sugar, so if you are diabetic, it is best to consult your doctor and find out if it is safe for you.
- Yakult is derived from the word "Jahurto", meaning "yoghurt" in Esperanto.
- According to our studies, 65 ml of Yakult contains sufficient beneficial bacteria (6.5 billion LcS) to favorably impact the balance of the gut flora. However if you wish to consume more, there is no harm in doing so.
- No. Yakult can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Most people prefer to drink it in the morning.
- Yes. Yakult can be added to cereals, smoothies, milkshakes, cheesecakes or any other cold foods. If the bacteria are subjected to high temperature they die, so do not add Yakult to hot foods or beverages.
- No. The product is preserved naturally by the lactic acid produced by the bacteria Lactobacillus casei Shirota strain during fermentation. Even the flavours in Yakult are natural and natural identical
- The shelf life of Yakult is 40 days from the date of manufacture under refrigerated conditions.
- Yes, Yakult is manufactured at the state-of –the-art facility in Rai, Sonepat, Haryana. The facility has received HACCP certificate
- Yakult must be refrigerated below 10°C. It should not be frozen.
- Ideally not. When Yakult is frozen, the bacteria become dormant, however they do not die.
- No. Yakult has a distinctive, fresh taste you’ll enjoy discovering for yourself.
- No. Yakult is manufactured in India at our HACCP certified factory in Sonepat. All raw materials like skimmed milk powder, sugar and glucose are also sourced from India
- Yakult is a functional food. It is a fermented milk drink that is consumed everyday as a part of the daily diet by 30 million people in over 32 countries.
- Yakult contains skimmed milk powder, sugar, glucose, water and our unique strain of bacteria, Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota.
- Yakult is virtually fat free and contains no more than 50Kcal, almost equivalent to that of an apple.
- Yakult contains approx 10 gms of sugar per serving (65 ml).
- Yes, Yakult is gluten free.
- Nutritional information (per 65 ml)
Energy – 50Kcal
Protein – 0.8g
Carbohydrates – 12 g
Fat - < 0.1g
- Yes, Yakult is vegetarian.
- Yes, since Yakult contains very little lactose (only 1gram). However it is best to check with the doctor.
- Yes the effect of Yakult is same during the shelf life of 40 days. We guarantee 6.5 billion LcStill expiry.
- The colour is light cream because of caramelization of skimmed milk during manufacturing.
- Yakult is a health drink that provides specific health benefits. The size is convenient to consume everyday and it contains more than 6.5 billion beneficial probiotic bacteria in a 65 ml bottle, which is what you need.